Thursday, November 19, 2009

What’s your favorite cookie?

I think it’s pretty safe to say that everyone loves cookies, or at least some kind of cookie. How could you not? The varieties are endless so, no matter who you are, you are more likely than not to find a cookie that you love and adore.

My personal favorite is a cookie that I think gets overlooked. Most people tend to stick with the classics, chocolate chip, peanut butter, oatmeal raisin, etc. But for me, nothing beats the black & white cookie! Hopefully you have all seen the Seinfeld episode about this fantastic cookie…in his infinite wisdom Jerry brought the beauty of this cookie to the forefront of social awareness (of course his views on the black & white cookie are a tad more political than mine). But it is truly an amazing cookie. It takes the texture of a vanilla flavored cake and compresses it down to form the base for cookie. Then half dipped in black (chocolate) icing and half dipped in white (vanilla) icing, the combination of the cake-like cookie and the smooth, decadent icing tantalize your tongue. And depending on your plan of attack when eating it, the icing can be enjoyed separately or together.

So what does this say about me? That’s a good question. Maybe I like harmony so the symbolic representation found in the equally balanced icing represents balance? Maybe I’m indecisive, so the idea of having more than one icing flavor puts me at ease because then I don’t have to decide between chocolate and vanilla? Nah, I don’t think it’s either of those. It’s just a wonderful cookie that I love and adore, and like to treat myself to every now and then.

So I ask you, what is your favorite cookie?

Then go out and treat yourself…I’m sure you deserve it!



1 comment:

  1. I too love the black & white, but I also really enjoy a good homemade oreo.

    ReplyDelete