Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I Scream, You Scream, We all Scream for Ice Cream!!!!!

Whether it’s a shake or a sundae, in bowl or in a cone, made into a cake or in the middle of a sandwich, ice cream is a dessert that “takes the cake” in all its numerous forms. In fact, if I were a super hero, ice cream would be my kryptonite. Every night after dinner, when I start to crave that something sweet, if ice cream is available, that is the dessert of choice. I try to resist it, really I do, but it’s nearly impossible. It’s an evil, yet glorious, temptress. Case in point, the other night my mom was having a bowl and just listening to her scrapping down the bowl, trying to savor the last bit of melted, creamy goodness, made me HAVE to have a bowl. I have never felt more like Pavlov’s dogs. My body literally had a reaction…the spoon scrapes the bowl, my mouth begins to salivate. It’s so sad, but so true.


So the question remains, vanilla or chocolate? It’s a question we have all been asked at some point or another in our lives that I believe we all feel we have to answer. Normally I would say vanilla but the truth of the matter is, how can you limit yourself to a single flavor when now-a-days there is a whole array of flavors at your finger tips? Cookies & cream, cookie dough, cherry vanilla, rocky road, mint chocolate chip, strawberry, pistachio, coffee, maple walnut, to name some of the basics. Not to mention the latest and greatest funky flavors that companies like Ben & Jerry’s, Haagen Daz, Baskin Robbins, or Friendly’s bring to grocery stores and ice cream parlors around the world. And lest we forget about the toppings…sprinkles, hot fudge, reese’s pieces, wet walnuts, whipped cream (my personal favorite), granola, toffee crunch, gummie bears…the list goes on and on, as does my passion and love for this creamy, smooth, tongue tantalizing treat.




So are you tempted yet to go to your local ice cream shop or grocery store and treat yourself to a big bowl of ice cream? If so, here’s my ice cream suggestion of the day: pumpkin ice cream with marshmallow topping…can we say FABULOUS??? I am in love and officially drooling!

No comments:

Post a Comment